Friday, July 30, 2010

My Kentucky Summer

This summer, I have learned a lot about myself. I have learned that I am strong, that I can accomplish goals if I work hard enough. This will be known as My Kentucky Summer, and it has only begun to change my life.
I have stopped eating meat, eggs and dairy. I am vegan. I don't live the full lifestyle, cutting all animal products out of my life. That's tough, but you have to start somewhere, and I'm on my way.
I was in Kentucky for about 2 months, with my husband while he was working there, and now we are almost on different sides of the country. I am home in Utah, he is 2500 miles away from me! How sad. Only until mid September, though.
I have started to really work out! I have tried a few bouts and spurts of exercising, but I have gone 10 straight days of exercising, and I don't plan on stopping. When I'm done with my workout, I think of more things I can do! I have so much energy, I just want to keep going. I have lost 5 lbs since being home, and I notice my body changing. How amazing is that? My self esteem is getting better, and I feel happier (except for missing my hubby).
I am goign to try to blog at least once a week from now on. For myself, to get things out and to share my journey.

No comments: