Monday, June 22, 2009

Mommy-baby camping trip, and Father's day! (hidden belly pic, too)

On Thursday, I got the sudden urge to take Neils camping. So I went and bought a few supplies, and a Tracfone, since Anthony's died in the pool, and he has taken over mine. I figured I should have a phone, jsut in case, even though the camping site I was planning on going to is really close to homes. Liberty Lake is like going up to a lake in the mountains, except there are people's homes really close, and a city five minutes away. You can't see the homes from the camp site, but you could spend five minutes walkign and reach numerous houses. I would have been good no matter what, but I felt I needed a phone anyway, since another one never got sent to us.
I set up the tent by myself, but Neils held a pole for me (as much as he would...) and tried to start a fire, but failed at that. So, I drove home and got our propane bbq to cook our burgers on. I didn't see a sign saying I couldn't have it, even though there were fire pits, so I just tried anyway. Officially, the summer season didn't start until the next day, so there wasn't anyone (rangers) up there to bother me. We even got to camp for free, because there wasn't a box to leave my payment in, and I never saw anyone. When we woke up, it was cold and rainy, and I didn't want to deal with that, so we just went home.

On father's day, I surprised Anthony and took him on a ride in a seaplane in Coeur d'Alene. He had mentioned something about Neils flying in a plane before him, so I thought that would be a cool idea. He had no idea, until we walked down the dock and past the paddle boats, parasailing boat (he would not have done either yesterday, because it was so cold and windy) and past the cruise boat to the sea planes. Ha! I win! Neils didn't like the ride for most of it, but calmed down at the end. I ended up puking in one of those little bags. Ah, the joys of being pregnant. It makes me way more uneasy than ever before. I even get car sick now, and only have twice before this pregnancy. The rest of the day, I made him breakfast in bed (cooked the eggs wrong, but that's why I never even bother to try!), ate lunch at a sushi restaurant, went mini golfing and played arcade games, and ate dinner at a cool Irish pub, but my food was disgusting. I made a last second decision between steak kabobs and chicken piccata, and the chicken was awful. Anthony really liked his ribs, and Neils, as usual, was a monster. That was his day :)

No comments: