Sunday, August 24, 2008

Surrogate

I have a gay friend. I think he is awesome. I've known him almost my whole life, and I think that if he ever wanted to have a child of his own, not an adopted one, that I would be a surrogate mother.
But...
That was the first thing that came to my mind when I thought about it. But, now that I think about it...who would be the female donor?? Me? I don't know if I could do that, though. I could grow the baby, but I don't think I could give up my own. I think I might be able to, but it would be weird. Weird knowing there is a child in the world out there, who isn't mine and Anthony's. Obviously it would be like artificial insemination....geez.
I think I got myself into a mess. It isn't like he asked or even knows I am thinking about this, anyway.
What a nut I am.
Why did I even start thinking about this???

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

I've thought about that too. I thought if one of my sisters couldn't have a baby or something that I would be a surrogate for them. Then I had the same thoughts you did. It's weird to think about it. I get all these mixed emotions everytime I think about it.

Oh, by the way, I fixed that link, but the website is just babysmash.com.

Alecia said...

hey I have thought about that too actually. Just like yesterday. I don't know why I thought of it out of the blue. But My sis-in-law can't have kids. They have adopted one. I just thought its sad for my bro-in-law, cause he could create one. And I was thinking they should I guess artificially inseminate someone so they could have a baby. It's weird though. I don't think I could ever do that for someone cause I would want to keep the baby!