Sunday, May 24, 2009

A beach in IDAHO???

Last night, for the company dinner, we went to the Coeur D'Alene Resort for dinner at their restaurant, Dockside. It was really neat, really nice, and my chicken was amazing. I will definitely go back for more, even if it ends up being just me and Neils while Anthony is working.
I liked the look of the place so much while we were on our way there. It looked like there were people walking around, like they do at the beach on the boardwalk. I knew the lake was right there, but I didn't know what was drawing the people to the area. So, today we went back and we played for a bit. There was a big park, HUGE, with lots of trees and people, and a playground with things to climb on and play in, like Park Discovery in Cedar city, only bigger. We let Neils play for a bit, then went over to see what the lake was like. That's when we found it--the beach! It isn't very big, about half a mile long, and about 100 feet (I'm not really sure...) from shore to the boardwalk, but it was a beach! There were so many people, so many kids. We watched one of those planes that flies off of water, like in Duck Tales, and watched someone parasailing. I really want to do that, but I don't know if I can right now. It was a fun day :)

More about Neils:
Today, I was asking Neils about his body parts. He knows his nose, eyes, ears and mouth, thanks to my mom mostly, but today I asked him where his arms were. He held up his arm! I asked him where his knees were, he said knees and pointed ot them. I asked him where his toes were, and he showed me. He already knew those, though. Toes are easy. He also knows where his belly is, and where his boobies are. Ha ha ha. He keps repeating, "I know," when I'd say it, and he says Neilsey, "Neenee". Today in the store he told the lady he had an "owanse" (orange) after I asked him what it was. At first he always says "ap" (apple) but I have to remind him that it's an orange, then he repeats it. It's amazing that he says so much! He always points out birds and dogs, and today he saw a "buds!" (bug)...and he ended up squishing the poor lady bug in his fingers. He kept looking for it, but I told him he made it go bye bye.
Another thing he likes to do, is throw things off the balcony. Today when we got home, I looked under the front tire for soem reason, and there was a squished potato. I was confused at first, but then I knew Neils must have thrown it down there.
I am getting him to drink milk more, but not plain milk. He still won't do that. I got some strawberry Pediasure, and some chocolate milk, and I've been mixing it with that. He calls every drink "juice", and that's usually what he wants. He wants to eat strawberries all the time, and "cack" (crackers). He tells me what he wants usually, but he won't eat much unless it is strawberries, then he eats like 10 in a sitting. I have to fix this...he needs more variety!
I have a job here! I help Jay and Des with thier Magic card eBay business. I sort the cards and package, print the mailing slips and get the packages ready to mail, then they pack the items, and I mail them. It is useful because I can do it whenever I have a few spare minutes, and while Neils is sleeping. A lot better than the bead store. I get paid more and work more hours, too! Also, I have felt like a blimp the past two days. It reminded me of Breaking Dawn...
Anthony's doing great at work. He's a great talker. Smooth talker. Yep.

1 comment:

Loni said...

You are preggo?? Congrats, huh. That's cool. I think it's funny that you mentioned breaking dawn because I just started reading it (again) yesterday. I'm in the Jacob book so everything is so focused on pregnancy...Anyway, congrats.