Friday, May 8, 2009

The sun is shining!

Today, there are much less clouds in the sky, and the sun is shining. Today might be the day for a walk, but I don't know where. Maybe just around this apartment complex. Maybe I'll drive up the road to the lake. We live in Liberty Lake, which is a little... town, I guess...a suburb of Spokane, and it was established in 2001. A VERY new city compared to ALL the places I've lived!! There is a lake, Liberty Lake, like 3 miles away, that the city is named after. And, of course, I will go there sometime. No, many times, while we're here.
To be really honest, yesterday I was against being here. I was lonely, only seeing Neils all day, and having to deal with clouds and rain just isn't my thing. It depresses me. I went shopping in a bead store, and that helped a little, and I found mother's day presents for Minnie and my mom. I am really excited about those. I also got a birthday present for my mom, too. And a mother's day present for Cait. I want to find some postcards, but I don't really know where to look. I will do it, though. If you want one, ask, and I will find one just for you and send it to you.
What else can I share? I will divide the blogs up into pictures and words, because I hate how I can't get it to look the way I want when I use both.
We went to some yard sales today to find furniture. I found an awesome black glider chair that I am bringing home with me! We planned on just finding furniture on freecycle.com or at thrift stores and yard sales, then just giving them back the same way, but I am totally keeping this. I need it now!
We are still wating for Jay and Des to come on Monday and bring us the rest of our stuff. It is all my fabric, sewing, beads, and some things like food, kitchen stuff, and other random things I figured we'd need.
I am planning on maybe flying back to Utah (I'd go to Vegas, though) for a doctors appointment in July. But, I haven't looked into it at all, I've just thought about it. I know someone would help me out and give me a ride back to Cedar City. I just have to figure out that whole insurance thing. I wish it wasn't so difficult to get insurance! It is complicated, and I wish I knew a better way to do it all. Ugh.
For now, this is what you get. Look at the pictures I've taken on the way, and I will try to upload some every day. http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww65/asnsorensenfamily/

2 comments:

Alecia said...

wow! you're in washington!! right?? thats sooooo cool. I've never been there. Yeah, send me a cool postcard! SO i am SO SORRY . I was NOT trying to ignore you on the whole photo selling thing. It sounded like a great idea. I wanted to do it, then totally spaced it. I kept thinking i have time, i have time. Dang! But thanks for the offer. that sure was sweet of you! I hope your little business does well there! HAVE FUN in washington! oh, and thats A WAY COOL chair. I've always wanted one of those. Can you find one for me!?? :)

Loni said...

I love the gray skies and clouds of Wa. It's kind of like that here, but it rains a lot more. At least, that's what I've observed so far. I hope you're adjusting well. How long will you livej in WA?