Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

For the 4th of July, we went to Richfield. I had a booth at the park, but even if I didn’t, I would have gone there anyway. It is what I grew up doing, it is something I really enjoy, and I love the atmosphere on that day. I love to see people that I havn’t seen in ages, and I love seeing my family and being back in the the place where I grew up.We drove up the 3rd, because I was allowed to set up a booth that night. I set it up, but it wasn’t as good as I planned. Oh well. I invited my brother’s girlfriend Kirstie to come with us, because i knew she had told Lucas that she wanted to see Richfield and meet his friends and stuff. We planned on surprising him, and I guess we did because he had already made plans and I guess she couldn’t go along, so I invited her to stay with me, Anthony and Neils at my best friend Danette’s house. I guess I should have talked to Danette about it more before hand, but I screwed up and felt so bad that I just had to do what I could for Kirstie to make her feel better. I don’t know if it worked…but I tried!We hung out with Danette that night and saw her baby, Lyrik, who was born exactly three months after Neils. He is so small…Neils weighs at least 10 1/2 pounds more than him, and is over 6 inches longer. My kid is a monster! Lyrik just isn’t gaining weight like he should, which sucks. He’ll get better, though. It was fun visiting with her again, I hadn’t seen her since a few weeks after Neils was born. Kirstie helped me tag and inventory some of my new jewelry, and Anthony and Joe hung out and talked until Joe and Dakota fell asleep on the couch. We were up until after 2 am, but it was worth it to see Danette and Lyrik.The next morning we all went back to the park. Kirstie, Cait, Anthony and Luke all helped me with my booth and eith Neils. I got to see some of my old friends and their new babies. I saw Lisa and her baby Ammon, who was born the same day as my sister’s baby Atreyu. They were born December 3, nd Neils was born January 29, but Neils is bigger than both of them! I know Neils is at laest a pound and maybe half an inch bigger than Atreyu, but I don’t know how big Ammon is. He looks smaller than Atreyu, though. I told you my kid is a monster! I saw Anthony VanDyke and his wife Edita, and he had invited me to a barbecue with our old friends at Jessica’s house that night. But…I knew it was a bad idea to begin with, and even though I thought about going, I followed my better judgement and didn’t. It would have been a disaster, since my ex boyfriend was there…and he just happened to have married an ex friend of mine who hates me, and they have a daughter. I just had to be cautious. I knew that going there could have been a good experience or a bad experience, but now that I know they were there, there is no way it would ahve been a good one for any of us.We ended up going back to Piute. Anthony, me, Neils, Kirstie, Luke, Minnie, Liz and Chris all drove up to Otter Creek to the spot where they usually go to watch fireworks. Jay and Malady were there, but none of the other friends were. We hung out there a while, and my parents showed up, too. We ened up finding out that Cait, Tony, Kraig, Jami, Jeremy…well, a bunch of the people who were supposed to be wehre we were, were actually down closer to the lake. We tried to find them, but we ended up back at the first spot to watch the fireworks. Neils gets very intrigued by them. He watched a sparkler I had, never took his eyes off it. Then, he watched the ones in the sky. He had seen them before, at the openeing of the summer games, but this was his first 4th of July, and I think he liked it. I wish we had Atreyu there with us, I wanted to see his reactions to them, too. We had our own foreworks to set off, but we left them in Cedar City. Good thing the 24th of July is celebrated practically the same!

No comments: