Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beads and babies

Neils is so hard to get to sleep. Not at naps, though. Those are easy. It is the bed time stuff. He will go to bed around 8 or so, sometimes earlier, sometimes later. He won’t sleep very long, then he will wake up and I’ll either fight for an hour to get him to go back to sleep, or I’ll just get him up and moving around and paly a little to wear him out more. I tried feeding him the past two nights, after he woke up the first time. Last night I just started crying because I just couldn’t handle it. It is so hard, and Anthony has to work 13 hour shifts so I leave him alone. It is just me trying to do it all by myself half the week. I just don’t know what to do to make it better for him, so he’ll get a better night’s sleep, and so I can get some stuff made for my five fairs that I have left. Ugh. I still love him to death, and I melt everytime I wake up to his babbling and open my eyes to see his silly face. After all the rough nights he puts me through, I just look at his cute little face and it is worth it. Mostly.
Also..I’ve been looking around the internet at beads and shops, and I think I am going to set up a shop on etsy to sell some of my leftover beads and some of my jewelry and stuff. Why not? It costs about het same as eBay, and it isn’t in an auction format. People wither buy stuff, or they don’t. I like things about both sites. I can also promote my website through etsy, too, and my etsy through my website. I think i’ll make them jsut a little idfferent, though. They can’t be the same! I am getting excited about it, and am hoping this turns into soemthing big for me. There are people on etsy who have had thousands of sales, just selling beads! I think I can make some money form it, and get my name out there so people will want to come to me for custom orders and to just buy my pretty things. It really isn’t all about making money, it is about doing what I love, and having other people appreciate the work I do. I am also going to put some jewelry in my grandpa’s shop in St. George. I have been, but I am going to amp them up a bit and make them more interesting. I get rushed and just throw stuff together sometimes, but I need to put more effort into some pieces to make them really stand out and really worthwhile.
Someday, somewhere, somebody will notice my efforts.

No comments: