Thursday, November 6, 2008

Artichoke Chicken Recipe

This is off the top of my head, I hope I get it all! This is one of Anthony's favorite recipes that I make. I found the recipe a few years ago when I was living alone, but I have changed it a lot. See what you think.

Artichoke Chicken

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can artichoke hearts, marinated or not, chopped
2/3 cup mayo (I use light mayo, to be healthier)
2/3 cup sour cream (I use reduced fat, sometimes fat free. All work fine.)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus 1/2 cup more
1/4 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese, plus 1 tbsp more
2 cloves garlic, chopped (optional, if you like garlic. I love it!)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Rinse and pat dry chicken, and place in bottom of a casserole dish. In a medium bowl, mix chopped artichokes, sour cream and mayo (you only have to use as much as you want, if you like less, use less. As long as you have enough of the mixture to cover the chicken in the pan, it will be fine. I promise!), 1/2 c mozzarella and 1/4 c parmesan cheeses, garlic and salt and pepper. Spread the mix over the chicken. Bake, covered, in the oven for 20 minutes, then uncover and sprinkle the rest of the cheeses on top and bake for another 25 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.

I usually serve this with couscous. If you don't know what that is, look for it near the pastas. My box says to mix (for 2 people) 2/3 cup couscous with 1 cup water. I usually add a little bit of bouillon for more flavor, but you could just use broth instead. It is excellent with the sauce form the chicken.

Mmm. I hope you enjoy this, let me know if you try it!

No comments: