Thursday, November 20, 2008

Market research reports

I was doing an assignment, and I thought about looking at some research in teen demographics. All the sites I find, you have to pay to get information. one site, has documents for thousands of dollars. Grr. This sucks. There is one I am intereted in, and it is $3,750. Wow. Market research is a good niche...people go to them for info, and they WILL spend that money to help them better understand and reach their target market. These reports help companies develop better campaigns, better products, and better marketing.
Last night I was just thinking about communication research, and how excited I was to do my content analysis paper (for a different class). I think research is awesome, and I was wondering if it might be a good idea to try that, but I have been in school long enough...I would only have to be in a little bit longer since my major is advertising and they are both under communications...maybe I can do a composite major instead....I'll go look up some stuff...

oh, all the thoughts that run through my head....


I just discovered...they don't have a major in communication reasearch, but there is one in communication studies. I am not sure they are similar enough for me to do it, but, there is a lot of research in advertising. Maybe I am okay. Maybe....I don't know....is it possible to have a double major, and still have a minor?? hmm... Maybe I can go on to the graduate program, too.

I love being a student. If you couldn't tell. Just last week, I was thinking that I could be a student my whole life, and I wouldn't mind. Anthony said "We are students our whole lives. We learn things everyday." But, I was thinking about being a student in academia....I'm crazy.

No comments: