Monday, August 3, 2009

Schweitzer Mountain Resort Huckleberry Festival

Here is a view of the mountain, and a lodge building. A strange game that was set up on the lawn when we got there. Anthony decided he needed to play it, so then the kids thought so, too. Does anybody know what this is?

Neils on the trail, going to pick berries.

Berry and mud face. yum.


Anthony, picking berries.

He's good help :)
See?

I got the most out of everyone. I sat inside the bushes, off the trails. Everyone jsut goes by and picks off the bushes along the trails, but they miss the berries hidden below the leaves, and off the trail. Go me!

See- the huckleberries. I never knew what they looked like or tasted like. I imagined something like a blackberry. But they look more like a blueberry to me. They are okay tasting, nothing I'd get that excited for. It was an adventure, though, something we definitely can't do at home.

No comments: