Thursday, October 30, 2008

Costumes...and more

It ends up that I am making/arranging costumes for...Me, Neils, Anthony, Chris, Marlee, Rose, TJ, Luke, and helping my mom. That is 9 people needing my help for Halloween costumes! It is overwhelming, but I love it. I love to do things like this, to create something that someone is exctied about. Yay. But, I don't have anything really completed, except the baby's.
Neils is being Winnie the Pooh, so Anthony is being Christopher Robin, and I am being Piglet. Neils's costume is already made, though, so maybe I shouldn't count him above...
So, this is what I have left to do today and early tomorrow.
For Anthony, I have to cut a pair of pants into shorts, and make the collar and cuffs of his shirt white.
For me, I have to make my dress...which is piglet's body...and that's it, I think...
For Chris, I have to spray paint a jacket silver, make a wig of mossy/seaweed-y hair. and make a hot pink tutu (he is being this character called "Old Greg." You can find him on YouTube, but I really don't suggest it. Don't do it. It is kind of gross, and you probably won't get the humor (I don't, really, but I can see how some would).
For Marlee, I have to make a Swiss Maid outfit...a top, skirt with suspenders, and an apron.
For Rose, I have to find a flapper-style dress and accessories (I offered my old flapper costume to my sister, but she already had a costume, and Rose said she'd wear mine,but she is too big for it...so she said I should come up with one)
For TJ, something to go with Rose's outfit. I'll find a tux-style shirt or just find a vest to go over a white button up shirt so he looks like a man from the 20's or so.
For Luke...I need to make a stretchy white belt to go aroudn the waist of his nurse's outfit, because he is beign the Joker in the new Batman movie, where he is the nurse talking to Harvey Dent.
For my mom, I need to make a necklace with baby stuff on it, like pacifiers, bottle nipples, othersmall baby items. She is a being a "Fairy Grandmother." She thought of it herself, how tricky.
Yep.
And, I'm in charge of the Halloween party, too, so I have to make some more things for the party. I have to make some bones of skeletons for the kids skeleton game...it is a relay race where they run to one side of the room, grab a body part from a dish, run back, and they build a skeleton of the parts.
The second thing I need to do is make tombstones for the musical tombstones (like musical chairs) game.
And...I need to make the dip and the frozen juice hands (grape kool aid ice hands to go in the orange soda) when I get to my sister's house tomorrow. Actually, I won't have time for the ice hands there, will I? Geez...I better make them today then.
Ahh...some days I have nothing but Neils, some days I have so so much to do...

1 comment:

Alecia said...

wow! How do you do all that? You are amazing! I wouldn't even know where to start if I had to make all that! Good luck- hope you get it all done and Happy Halloween!