Thursday, October 16, 2008

TV!

In my class, my professor just posted these facts (in my advertising class, talking about TV advertising today)

“By graduation, 11,000 hours in school(through high school), 15,000 hours in front of the TV. By age 20 today people have seen 800,000 tv commercials”

Now, what I get from this:
AGH! Too much TV! I know people really enjoy this, and it is good sometimes, but I really think spending more time watching TV than in school is ridiculous! At my house, the TV is on a lot. But lately, I’ve been reading in some parenting magazines that TV in the background is not so good when your babies are playing. That’s really all the TV is to me, though, background. I rarely ever pay attention to it. When my mom comes over to help watch Neils, or when Anthony turns the TV on sometimes, it is on the TV Guide Channel. From me…trying to find something to watch, but getting distracted or playing with Neils instead. Ha. They always say “Sierra must have been watching TV, her favorite channel is on.” It really isn’t my favorite channel, I just end up doing something else and don’t turn the TV off.
Now, to get Anthony, who says he hates TV…but watches is all the time…to stop watching it so much while playing with Neils…that might be a task. Ugh. I hate tasks.

No comments: