Thursday, October 9, 2008

Irritants - baby talk and gay marriage

There are things that make me upset, and I’d like to share them.

I hate baby talk. I think that you should be able to talk to your child with normal words, not ones that may hinder their learning, especially if they are at an age where they are able to understand and comprehend just what you are saying. I think you need to talk to them normally! I think it hinders their learning, and he is old enough now that he understands and actually listens to the things I say to him. Ugh.

Anthony and I don’t talk to Neils like that, my family doesn’t talk to him like that, nobody I know talks to him like that except a few people.

Here is my chance to really express my voice, and I will not apologize for anything I say here—

Another thing that is really bothering me—and I know I may strike up some nerves here, but it is very important to me—I am a real believer of gay marriage. I think love is love, and people should be able to express their love with each other, no matter if they are male or female. I really don’t like when people think it will “ruin the sanctity of marriage” or that it is gross. Come on. The world is bigger than that! And I seriously don’t think it is going to change your life in anyway, so I don’t think you should try to take that away from them. I wish people were more empathetic to these situations, and not just followed what someone else is telling them to think. Live, laugh, LOVE, right?? These people aren’t any different than you, you probably know gay people right now, and like them. Maybe you don’t know they are gay, and maybe you do, but do you really want someone to be that unhappy? What if someone made it so you couldn’t marry who you wanted, for some reason? The reason may seem dumb to you, but they’d believe wholly in it, and you’d be upset, right? I hope I get you thinking, and that you really think about it, not just get upset at what I’m saying.

A few years ago, a guy I was dating asked me a question, something like this "If you could debate one topic, what woudl you choose?"
You know what I said? I bet you can guess. Right now, I am going to go thank him for asking me that question.

3 comments:

Alecia said...

Ya know, I really kind of agree with you. I don't think it's right to tell someone they are not allowed to get married, no matter who they are. They aren't doing it to hurt anyone, let them do what they want. But I do think it is kind of wrong to involve children in it. Childrens minds are like sponges and if they have gay parents, they will automatically think thats the normal way to do things. It's defintely a tough subject, because really if they want kids they should be able to have them...but I just don't know if that is right to get innocent kids involved. But yes, It does bug me that people are so against those who are different. We need to focus on bigger issues, like abuse and murders. I'm not too political, but I do believe we are discriminating against gays. I just think that if people aren't getting hurt or causing harm, it's really not our place to judge them if they do things differently. God will judge all of us when the time comes. I just think we should be able to accept everyone for who they are.

Sierra Nicole said...

Thank you for that, Alecia. I appreciate it so much.

Katelyn said...

You are right Sierra, the reason does seem so dumb to you, but I believe so wholly in it. Just like you, I'm not going to apologize for showing my beliefs, but I will apologize ,again, for offending you so badly. I don't want people to be unhappy. I really don't. Maybe you won't believe that, but that's your choice. I do believe that it would effect my life though. Like Alecia said, I don't think children should be involved in it. I have no problem with any two people getting married. That's not the issue I'm against. The issue is that once that starts happening legally, they'll legally have to involve children in it. I don't want my children thinking that is normal, because it's not. I do know people who are gay; people who I love dearly, so that is clearly not an issue. I don't agree with the life-style, but I don't hate people for choosing it either. And again, you'll only think that the reasons are so dumb, but I wholly believe them. This is a touchy subject for everyone, I'm sure.