Thursday, July 16, 2009

Discouraged


I know I have not updated this a lot lately, except for my sales. There is a lot to say a lot of pictures to post, but I feel like venting a little. Ha ha


I feel bad. I do all this preparation, all this late-night work, updating, e-mailing, and it feels like a big waste of time. This big super sale I've been having isn't going as well as I thought it would. I don't get it. I have no idea why. The site gets a lot of hits, but not a lot of orders. I wish I knew what the problem was- is it my prices? my items? my site layout or look? is something not working?? Agh...it is discouraging. I told Anthony I am thinking about just giving up on my website all together. I do much better at live shows, where I and my products are face to face with the customer, but the site...at least it reaches people I will never be able to see. Agh. What to do. Spend more time spreading the word, add more funds to advertise, or pay someone to make my site better than I could ever do? Agh again. Agh.


But, it did make me happy that Anthony talked all day to his customers about what a wonderful bbq sandwich his wife woudl have for him when he got home. At least I am an awesome cook!

2 comments:

Alecia said...

Hey! Business is SO HARD! I have no idea what to tell you. I think your website looks good. I don't know the secret to getting the word around and getting yourself out there! It's so hard. I am learning that word of mouth has been most effective. Hopefully when I get Jax's shirts from you, and I post him wearing them on my blog, people will see them and want to order! I am sure it is A TON of work! Hang in there & Good luck! p.s. I think your stuff is dang cute. I would order more but have absolutely no moola. Maybe in the future though...I like a lot of your jewelry.

Katelyn said...

Sierra, I'm with Alecia. I love your stuff. It's all so cute and I would totally buy it if I had money to spare. I don't think your things are too expensive. I think your website is great too.

I've seen a lot of people do giveaways on blogs like

http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/

and

http://realmomkitchen.blogspot.com/

and also some photography businesses.

I'm not real sure how it works or what the incentive to do it is. Maybe just to get people to look at their website, I don't know, but they do it. Hmm...that probably wasn't any help at all. Sorry!